Custom Search

Friday, May 6, 2011

Simply A Blessed Blogosphere Year...


“People travel to wonder at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the seas, at the long course of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars, and yet they pass by themselves without wondering.”
- St. Augustine (354 - 430)

Exactly 12 months ago, on 11th May, 2010, I, a pilgrim, simply a nobody in this world, took courage and posted my very first journal on this newly created blog.  Today, this anniversary posting will carry the same familiar quotation as denoted above.

This is the place in the Blogosphere universe where I simply jot down my humble thoughts so that I can hear and listen to myself better, to proclaim God in my life, to wonder - putting down into words, as simple that I possibly can, thoughts that otherwise, might have just drifted or fade away.


The web media platform simply facilitated the sharing of my thoughts with many others who journey the same; bringing a kind of solidarity to this community of pilgrims - sharing God's gifts manifested in our lives.


I was particularly careful to ensure that I do not lose sight of this fundamental objective.  If not, I might become self indulgently addicted to blogging, for the sake of blogging.  Instead, I try to become more aware of my life’s journey – my simple ‘being’, reflecting on these quietly in my heart rather than merely ‘existing-to-blog’ or even ‘blogging-to-exist’ – the ‘doing’.


Sometimes, when there are just no words in my heart, I will pray and all you will find is just a scriptural verse, a tune, a quote, a book, a poem or just a relevant clip; at other times, simply a pure and full filling of emptiness...of pure silence.


As crazy as it might sound, after this one year journey, I have been able to see my life with more clarity and hope, through the experiential lenses of “SimplyQuiet’.

I am just a pilgrim, a sojourner through life…no name to identify me, no title to distinguish me, no origin as I see all of us as one people of the world, one humanity.  I am no smart-aleck trying to ‘lecture’ others on the ‘how-to’ of living.  This simple pseudonym is preserved because, although I blog to listen to myself, by the grace of God, I pray that He uses me as His humble instrument to be a reflection to others, a mirror to shine His light to brighten the paths of many other travelers through life...to inspire in any small way.  All glory to God, Alleluia!


For the past year, God has blessed this site with the ‘presence’ of many visitors (or ‘searchers’) from around the world; for this, I find much solidarity and hope.  This number is minute as compared with the mega millions of internet hits (in mere hours and days!) to President Barack Obama’s speech on the brutal killing of unarmed Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan.  But then, we must acknowledge that this is the sad state of the world we live in today - cruel, vengeful, barbaric, noisy, distracting, seductive, sexual, conspiring, destructive…so-called values which the bulk of the world promulgates…‘values’ (or search words) which optimizes search engines’ traffic.  This world seems tired of faith...tired of God.

“the world of the media can sometimes seem indifferent and even hostile to Christian faith and morality…”  (Pope John Paul II, Message for the 35th World Communications Day)


Amongst the many visitors of this blog over the past year, there are so far, 14 ‘followers’ who are constantly kept updated of this humble community; a phenomenon as far as I am concern because of the overwhelming existence of ‘similar’, ‘bigger’, if not, more ‘commercial’ blog sites out there in the blogosphere.  I am continually sustained and encouraged by these ‘friends’ who gives me strength and inspiration to continue…  For the many who have left a word of hope and inspiration, my sincere prayers, love and gratitude goes out to you.

My topics of reflections are simple but definitely not unique to the blogosphere; what I am committed to share is a genuine part of myself, my feelings, my frustrations and my weaknesses…my own unique journey through life back home.  I believe, in that sense, there’s only one real ‘me’ on the world-wide-web (hopefully)!

“The Church sees these media as ‘gifts of God’ which, in accordance with his providential design, unite men in brotherhood and so help them to cooperate with his plan for their salvation.” (Pope Pius XII's 1957 encyclical letter, Communio et Progressio)

My ultimate hope for this blog is that the number of followers and audience of this blog can multiply many folds, so that, one day, we truly become a community of pilgrims journeying as ONE human race back home…encouraging, lifting, supporting each other along the way.
Thank you, fellow pilgrims, wherever you may be, for a blessed year on Blogosphere!  May God continue to touch you gently with the message of the Gospel through SimplyQuiet!

“…For if this endeavor or this activity is of human origin, it will destroy itself.  But if it comes from God, you will not be able to destroy them…”
(Acts 5:38-39, NAB)


No comments:

Post a Comment