Custom Search

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Third Week of Lent...Quench The Thirst Within...


It has been a while since my last journal posting.  Technical challenges with my computer during this season of Lent

Perhaps during this period of silence, God wishes for me to simply contemplate on my own emptiness, insufficiency, loneliness, brokenness...to learn and un-learn my over-dependence on the ways of the world and instead, to simply place my total reliance and trust on Him, the source of all life.

As we enter the third week of Lent, we hear the Sunday reading of the simple, 'outcast' Samaritan woman, at the well, whom Jesus revealed the truth -  the Messiah, has come; the Source of life.  Stop what you are doing, pause, be quiet and choose to listen...drink of the living water.  Come!

This Lent, the living water from God continues to refresh and quench our barren life, our thirst - as we travel the desert of life.  Whether we are aware of it or not, God continues to search for us and shower His Blessings on our lives each day.

Very simply, we are empty and broken people on a journey, wounded and lonely in this world of fakeness, busy-ness, lies...  Perhaps, in this emptiness, we are afraid to ask God to fill us...


This Lent, be not afraid, continue to listen to God's invitation and allow Him to examine you, let the Truth of His Word penetrate you and irrigate your life, transforming you, turning you back to God.

Jesus, too, thirst for your love and compassion...He constantly awaits your return with open arms...welcoming the return of His prodigal sons and daughters.

As you continue your journey, midway through this holy season of Lent, be conscious of the deep longing within your heart, the quiet restlessness and aim to take small steps towards quenching this thirst with the water of Life.

"Insult has broken my heart, and I am weak; I looked for compassion, but there was none, for comforters, but found none.  Instead they put gall in my food; for my thirst they gave me vinegar."
(Psalm 69: 21-22, NAB)

 




No comments:

Post a Comment